Anxious about an upcoming job interview? That's understandable for any job seeker. But here's the good news: There are ways to overcome your jitters and still make a good first impression. For successful job interviews, knowing the requirements of the position is a start. Then you also need to be familiar with the company, its customers and some of the challenges it faces. But even the most prepared candidates should learn more about the job interview process to navigate it effectively. Here are some tips that can add to your job interview insights and skills.
Job interview tactics, pitfalls and common questions
Find out more about:
- Phone interviews: Read tips for making a good impression during job interviews conducted over the phone, including how to make a connection with the hiring manager despite the lack of an in-person job interview.
- In–person job interviews: Learn the top three hiring considerations from a potential employer's perspective when candidates participate in an in-person job interview.
- Common questions: Read some of the most common questions asked in a job interview – and learn the best way to answer them.
- Pitfalls to avoid: Discover four insights into things you shouldn't do before the big job interview.
- Video interviews: Ensure you know what you need to do to make a good impression during your next video interview.